remove display of assembly name from top of project views

Apr 16, 2012 at 7:47 PM

I've been trying to figure out where the code is thats displaying the assembly name at the very top of my external views.  I've had no luck in tracking done where the code is thats cause my application to displaying this one line of text at the top of all my external views.

This is what is displayed in all the external views.

Project.TestView, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

How can I turn this off?

The view its itself only contains the following code.

@{    ViewBag.Title = "Index";}
<h2>Test view</h2>

thanks.

Coordinator
Apr 16, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Do you have a call to GetType() in your layout page?

Apr 16, 2012 at 8:31 PM

No there is not call to GetType() in the layout page.  The views that I create in the external assemblies have no layout page.  All of them rely on the layout page within the calling project.  Right now I've used the default ASP.NET MVC 4 project.

Jul 13, 2012 at 10:49 PM

I'm having the same problem. Anyone found a solution.

Coordinator
Jul 30, 2012 at 7:02 PM
Edited Jul 30, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Do you have a sample repo that shows this issue? This does not happen on my sample project https://github.com/davidebbo/MvcApplicationRazorGeneratorSeparateLibrary. Maybe something in your layout file?

Jul 30, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I was able to determine that the issue only occurs using  MVC 4.  Our solution was to use jQuery to remove the 2 lines from the views.   

Coordinator
Jul 30, 2012 at 8:35 PM

That's one way to get rid of it! ;)

We need to understand what's causing it. If you have a minimal project in that state, it would be great if you could share it.

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:25 PM

I tried to recreate the project using the MVC 4 RC.  The issue no longer occurs.  Looks its just a matter of upgrading to the lastest MVC 4 framework.

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Good, even though it's still mysterious! :)