Code not generating

Oct 30, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Created a new MVC5 web project in VS 2013 Ultimate. Added the RG via NuGet.

Everything appeared to install ok but when I set the custom tool property of the view to RG the nested file is not generated. The project has a reference to RazorGenerator.Mvc and the RGMvcStart.cs has been added to the project but it does not appear to be running the custom tool.

I tried calling 'Redo-RazorGenerator' from the package manager console. Whilst it picks up every view that requires the running of the custom tool for each instance it gives me the error

Exception calling "RunCustomTool" with "0" argument(s): "Cannot find custom tool 'RazorGenerator' on this system."

I also have VS2012 installed. RG is working fine in solutions created in VS2012.

I hope I am missing something simple, any thoughts?
Coordinator
Oct 30, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Did you install the RazorGenerator tool? Go to Tools / Extensions and Updates and find it there.
Oct 30, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Did you install the Razor Generator extension for Visual Studio? From Visual Studio menu go to Tools >Extensions and Updates and check that you have installed Razor Generator. The version of RG extension compatible with mvc5 is 1.6.0.
Oct 30, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Thanks, that was the problem .... my bad for confusing the VS extension gallery with NuGet in the instructions. Thanks again.