WebPages 2.0 Support

Sep 20, 2011 at 10:42 PM

After installing MVC 4 Developer Preview, I fiddled with RazorGenerator to make it work with WebPages 2.0. Most of the upgrade was seamless.

The only significant issue from the upgrade is that most of the tests now fail, because I cannot find a method to remove line pragmas. It appears that the compiler is much more efficient, and now compiles blocks of lines into each CodeSnippetTypeMember. I cannot find a method to alter the CodeSnippetTypeMembers in the RemoveHiddenLinePragmas class (remove, yes, alter, no).

I'm also interested whether you intend to upgrade RazorGenerator to work in both WebPages 1.0 and 2.0 as a single package, if possible.

Thanks,
counsellorben

Coordinator
Sep 20, 2011 at 10:52 PM

I have not tried it with 2.0 yet, but I do think we should make it work for either if at all possible. Could you open an issue to track this? When you say the tests fail, are you referring to the unit tests that come with the RazorGenerator project?

Sep 20, 2011 at 11:33 PM

I am referring to the tests in the RazorGenerator.Tooling solution.

The tests fail because of the line pragmas in the precompiled code in WebPages 2.0. I didn't run the tests in the RazorGenerator.RunTime solution (he says with chagrin).

I will open an issue.

Thanks,
counsellorben