This project is read-only.

precompilation with minification

Jun 26, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Is there a way to use razorgenerator with the minification option?

Jun 26, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Can you be more specific what minification option you are referring to? Generally, your views should work the same way when precomiled as when not precompiled.

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:32 PM

RazorGenerator generates a view class code to build..before generating it, RazorGenerator does not do any process like minification on "cshtml" content..if it does minification at that time, I think the best optimized html minification is done..

Jun 26, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Granted we could make this work with some library out there, but I guess this should be an ask from from the Razor parser. The precompilation code tries to keep the generated output as close as to what the razor engine does on its own.

Jun 27, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Yes, I tried a library called "Meleze.Web" for minification by changing the razor host factory in web.config(mvc 3), but, it does not work with razorgenerator custom tool and/or PrecompiledMvcEngine..I think Meleze.Web need physical and not precompiled views..

Jun 27, 2012 at 9:08 AM

So is it possible to minify the precompiledview with custom razor factory? or any other way?

Jun 27, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Not sure, I haven't seen how it works as yet. I'll  play around with it some time this week.

Jun 29, 2012 at 7:55 AM

I will look forward to that!

Apr 11, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Did anyone look into this? I would be a nice option to have available.