This project is read-only.

How to install a single-file generator?

Nov 12, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Sorry, I'm not a user of Razor or MVC but I'm trying to write a single-file generator for VS and I can't figure out how to get the registry entries installed.

As you may know, without the proper registry settings installed, VS says "Cannot find custom tool 'RazorGenerator' on this system" when attempting to run the tool. I am getting this error for my own custom tool, so I took a look at the source code of RazorGenerator. RazorGenerator.Tooling contains the custom tool, but it doesn't appear to do anything special to get those registry settings installed. In fact, the only thing related to the necessary registry settings seems to be CodeGeneratorRegistrationAttribute, which is defined in source form in the same project. But I am at a loss to explain how this could possibly cause registry entries to be created.

Anyway, if someone answers this question on SO in the next 16 hours, I can award +100 bounty to them.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19718043/vs-single-file-generators-how-to-add-registry-information-run-code-on-vs-start