No .cs files generated.

Sep 5, 2014 at 6:57 PM
I'm trying to evaluate Razor Generator. I installed the RazorGenerator.Mvc package via NuGet and the appropriate references were added to my project. I then went to one of my views and set the Custom Tool attribute to RazorGenerator. I was expecting to get a .cs file generated at this point, but nothing happened. I've rebuilt my solution, restarted VS2013, and nothing seem to create this file.

Am I missing something bleedingly obvious?
Coordinator
Sep 5, 2014 at 7:06 PM
RazorGenerator.Mvc provides the ViewEngine that understands precompiled views. You need either the Razor Generator vsix or RazorGenerator.MsBuild NuGet package to precompile the views/
Sep 5, 2014 at 7:44 PM
OK, installed RazorGenerator.MsBuild package from NuGet and got the following output:
------- Installing...RazorGenerator.MsBuild 2.2.6 -------
Installing 'RazorGenerator.MsBuild 2.2.6'.
Added file 'RazorGenerator.MsBuild.targets' to folder 'RazorGenerator.MsBuild.2.2.6\build'.
Added file 'RazorGenerator.Core.dll' to folder 'RazorGenerator.MsBuild.2.2.6\tools'.
Added file 'RazorGenerator.MsBuild.dll' to folder 'RazorGenerator.MsBuild.2.2.6\tools'.
Added file 'RazorGenerator.Core.v1.dll' to folder 'RazorGenerator.MsBuild.2.2.6\tools\v1'.
Added file 'System.Web.Mvc.dll' to folder 'RazorGenerator.MsBuild.2.2.6\tools\v1'.
Added file 'System.Web.Razor.dll' to folder 'RazorGenerator.MsBuild.2.2.6\tools\v1'.
Added file 'System.Web.WebPages.dll' to folder 'RazorGenerator.MsBuild.2.2.6\tools\v1'.
Added file 'System.Web.WebPages.Razor.dll' to folder 'RazorGenerator.MsBuild.2.2.6\tools\v1'.
Added file 'RazorGenerator.Core.V2.dll' to folder 'RazorGenerator.MsBuild.2.2.6\tools\v2'.
Added file 'System.Web.Mvc.dll' to folder 'RazorGenerator.MsBuild.2.2.6\tools\v2'.
Added file 'System.Web.Razor.dll' to folder 'RazorGenerator.MsBuild.2.2.6\tools\v2'.
Added file 'System.Web.WebPages.dll' to folder 'RazorGenerator.MsBuild.2.2.6\tools\v2'.
Added file 'System.Web.WebPages.Razor.dll' to folder 'RazorGenerator.MsBuild.2.2.6\tools\v2'.
Added file 'RazorGenerator.Core.V3.dll' to folder 'RazorGenerator.MsBuild.2.2.6\tools\v3'.
Added file 'System.Web.Mvc.dll' to folder 'RazorGenerator.MsBuild.2.2.6\tools\v3'.
Added file 'System.Web.Razor.dll' to folder 'RazorGenerator.MsBuild.2.2.6\tools\v3'.
Added file 'System.Web.WebPages.Deployment.dll' to folder 'RazorGenerator.MsBuild.2.2.6\tools\v3'.
Added file 'System.Web.WebPages.dll' to folder 'RazorGenerator.MsBuild.2.2.6\tools\v3'.
Added file 'System.Web.WebPages.Razor.dll' to folder 'RazorGenerator.MsBuild.2.2.6\tools\v3'.
Added file 'RazorGenerator.MsBuild.2.2.6.nupkg' to folder 'RazorGenerator.MsBuild.2.2.6'.
Successfully installed 'RazorGenerator.MsBuild 2.2.6'.
Adding 'RazorGenerator.MsBuild 2.2.6' to HCI.MvcCommon.
For adding package 'RazorGenerator.MsBuild 2.2.6' to project 'HCI.MvcCommon' that targets 'net45',
>> Build files are being added from 'build' (not framework-specific)
Added file 'packages.config'.
Successfully added 'RazorGenerator.MsBuild 2.2.6' to HCI.MvcCommon.
Failed to generate binding redirects for 'HCI.MvcCommon'. An item with the same key has already been added.
Set the Custom Tool attribute to RazorGenerator and still get no .cs file.